Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oral Communications - Sept. 22 - 26

I'm getting excited about listening to your collage presentations starting on Tuesday, the 23rd. You can bring your collages in that morning before class. Please have your name and period on the back of your poster in bold markings. 3rd and 4th hr. classes--if no one is in Room 1194, bring your posters to 602, (by band and choir entrance). With a possible score of 125 pts., this is a good opportunity for you to either maintain a good grade or bring up a less than desireable grade.
Please don't forget:
DETAILS! DETAILS! DETAILS! Pleae don't say things like, "I put a flower on my collage because I like flowers." Instead, you could say, "I have included several photos of flowers because flowers show nature at her best. I love them because they bring out the best in my mood and outlook on life. We can all experience their beauty, color and fragrance. This particular picture was taken by me on Wye Mountain last year when the thousands of daffodils washed the area in an array of golden yellow. Looking at this scene, it is easy to understand what inspired Wordsworth to write these lines: 'I wondered lonely as a cloud that floats on high over vales and rills, when all at once I saw a crowd, a host of golden daffodils.' Flowers! What is not to like."

No comments: